Typical Tourist turned Fashion Forward

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Before I get into this post, I just wanted to share a thought with y'all! Friends, now that we are in the heart of summer, I think it is the perfect time to be reminded to make the most of it! It's easy to look ahead and become excited or even anxious for what is to come in the fall. Look at each day as a blank piece of paper just waiting to become a masterpiece! It's refreshing to find joy by living in the present. I know I need this reminder right now and I hope it is helpful to you all too! Anyway, today's topic here on Merging Threads concerns the abundance of tourist sweatshirts we all have stacked up in our closets. I would be lying to you if I said I didn't buy them. They are def a weakness of mine... how can you say no to an oversized bundle of comfiness? That's the thing, you can't. The great news is that wearing these oversized bundles of comfiness don't have to mean looking drab. Today I will be turning the typical tourist sweatshirt into a fashionable new look!














 I am an avid wearer of comfy leggings and a cozy sweatshirt, but it never hurts to put your favorite sweatshirts to better use! For this look I took one of my favorite oversized sweatshirts and paired it with some light-wash boyfriend jeans. This combo creates a casual and effortless look. To dress it up a bit, I added a recent favorite of mine: suede slides. This brings a little more structure to the relaxed nature of the rest of the look. I mean, it is all about merging styles, right?! The slides pull the whole outfit together and definitely give it that fashionable edge (that's what we are going for!!). Y'all, I have never been a lipstick wearer, but about a month or so ago I began experimenting with it. Now I have been wearing it pretty regularly! I always thought lipstick was a hassle. But let me tell ya, it is worth the hassle! A bold and fun lipstick brings another element to outfits that other pieces of clothing cannot. In this case, the lipstick adds a splash of color and bright vibe to the look. Without it, this outfit would be quite boring. This look is topped off with my go-to sunnies, of course!

[ Sweatshirt: you know, one of those random shops 😉 // Jeans: AEO // Shoes: TJmaxx (same style) // sunnies: Ray-Ban // Lipstick: Burts Bees ]

--------------------------
A couple of side notes:
 I don't know if y'all have noticed, but I haven't been using my regular backgrounds. That's because I have been enjoying the month up north! Would you guys like to see a travel post? Drop me a comment here or on my social media. You can read last year's travel post here. 

I think I enjoyed three cups of tea while putting together this post, so I think it's only fitting that I offer some to you! This Harney & Sons Vanilla Comoro blend I was sipping is definitely my new favorite. You can purchase some here.
--------------------------

I hope this post was enjoyable! I am all about putting our comfy clothing (tbh my favorite clothing) to good use. This outfit can be rocked while on vacation or at home which makes it even better. 
Enjoy the sunshine this week and live each day to the fullest!
xx, Anne 

Connect with me!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)