Travel Series No. 5: Michigan Travel Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Good Morning! You have already heard a lot about traveling on the blog recently but that's because all of the adventures that summertime brings are my very favorite part of the season. Recently, I got to spend some time relaxing in beautiful Northern Michigan with my family. Spending time in nature is super important. There is something about soaking in Creation that is so rejuvenating. Today on the blog I am keeping it casual and  sharing some pictures from the trip per request. I'll also be talking briefly about a few of the fun things I got to do and things I discovered on the trip.



LAKE DAYS

Most days were spent on the water whether we were swimming, tubing, water skiing, or just cruising. One of the best parts about Michigan is that the sun doesn't set until 9:30. Some of my favorite moments were spent at night because the sunsets were absolutely breath-taking. My cousin Katherine and I had many excursions where we would swim in the ice cold water at 11:00 pm and we would just stare at the stars. These are the moments that I wish could last forever. 




HENNAS

Throughout the trip I had fun experimenting with Henna Tattoos. It was the perfect lake-side activity and the art makes for some added flair to summertime looks. I was lucky that I had three other people (my sisters and my cousin) who were willing to let me have a go at Henna Tattooing them! 



Decorating for the Fourth! :)


What's a summer vacation without lots of ice cream? We made multiple trips to a DELISH local ice cream shop called Moomers. 






CHERRY PICKING

The area of Michigan I was in is known as the Cherry Capital of the United States. There are cherry orchards everywhere! The rows and rows of cherry trees are so pretty. You can't drive down the street without seeing numerous farm stands selling their fresh fruits. Some orchards let you go pick your own cherries. Cherry picking is so much fun, y'all... Not to mention the fresh cherries are super delicious! I probably did more eating than picking. hehe









HIKING

One day we took a ferry to hike on an island. The island was about eighteen miles from the coast. People used to live on the island to run the lighthouse that guided ships into the bay from overseas. It's history was quite interesting. I got to hike around the entire island which was super fun because at some parts you felt like you were in a forrest but then if you walked a little bit farther you would be in the sand dunes near the lighthouse. 


EXPLORING FISHTOWNS

A couple of days were spent exploring all the little Fishtowns along the coast. I spotted this adorable pink Volkswagen one day. Could it honestly get any cuter?! I think I need to find me one of these! 




STREET FAIR

A nearby town has a street fair every Wednesday night during the summer. It is so lively! Most of the local restaurants set up booths outside on the street and there is live music and some games set up for kids. The boutiques stay open later too so you can pop in and shop while you are there. I had the BEST Chinese food both times we went.  Another one of my favorites street fair treats was a lemon shake up. You can't beat one of those on a hot summer day! The second time we went, we did some spin art. The man running the booth questioned my cousin and me when we said we wanted to skip the colors and just do black and white, but the paintings turned out great! I love them!






On our last night in Michigan, I thought a pretty maxi-dress was a must to take in the last sunset. It was a beautiful one as always! 

I hope you all liked this super informal post! Let me know if you would like to see more casual posts like these. 

xx, 
Anne 

Connect with me on social media!
spotify
Add Merging Threads on Snapchat: @mergingthreads






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty of Michigan is legendary, but you really have to see it with your own eyes to fully understand its impact on visitors. The Real Michigan is a place of freedom, even to this day.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)