Birthday OOTD

Monday, July 18, 2016

Happy Monday! It amazes me that it is already July 18th. Where does the time go? My twin sister and I celebrated our birthday yesterday. Birthdays are always so much fun-- and the perfect day to wear your favorite items and look extra cute! Today I'm sharing my birthday look from yesterday.









I wanted my outfit to make a statement, so I thought I'd go with a midi skirt. I found this beautiful one at Zara in New York City. It has the prettiest dainty stitching running down the skirt. It is definitely one of my favorite new closet editions. Since the skirt is high- waisted, I thought tying an oxford would add a nice touch. The oxford I'm wearing has a lovely embellished collar. I love jeweled detailing because it adds a little sparkle with no extra effort. No need to waste time in the mirror figuring out which necklace goes best with this one! Tying the shirt instead of tucking it in gives the look some more depth and looks more fashion-forward... not to mention it is 10 times more comfortable than tucking it in! Tying oxford shirts with a high waisted skirt, shorts or other high waisted bottoms is often the easiest thing to do to give the outfit a little more interest. Try it! As for the shoes, I wanted a comfortable shoe that would pull the whole outfit together. These striped espadrilles were the perfect choice. The cream tone in the shoes goes well with the cream tone in the skirt and the dark navy stripes compliment the lighter blue oxford. Picking shoes that were a little bit darker than the rest of the colors in the outfit brings a great contrast to the overall look.  Usually outfits are not complete until they are accessorized, but for this look I skipped out on all jewelry. The embellishment on the shirt was enough. I really like this look's minimalistic vibe! 

Outfit Details:
Oxford: Loft (no longer available)
Midi skirt: Zara (similar linked)
Shoes: Forever 21(no longer available)

That is it for today! Let me know if you have suggestions or requests for what you would like to see up next on the blog!

xx, 
Anne 

Connect with me on social media!
spotify
Add Merging Threads on Snapchat: @mergingthreads



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)