Styling Denim Shorts

Sunday, June 12, 2016



Happy Sunday, friends! Today's post is all about denim shorts. I have never been a huge denim shorts gal, but I recently ordered this high-waisted pair and have been wearing them non-stop! The outfit possibilities are endless. Today I will be sharing 5 different ways to style them.
Denim Shorts: Nordstrom, Topshop

  





Outfit No. 1
This outfit is super chic. It might be my favorite of the five looks I put together. I love the the blend of the classic striped oxford with the high waisted shorts. Tying the shirt instead of tucking it in gives the look a more relaxed feel. My favorite leather slip ons were a must to finish off this look. I can't wait to wear this on upcoming vacations!
Outfit Details:
Shoes: TJmaxx, Mia (similar linked)
Watch: Target
Sunglasses: TJmaxx, Steve Madden (different color linked)





Outfit No. 2
This look is the quintessential summer outfit. The pom-pom detailing on the tank look adorable with the high wasted shorts. To complete the outfit I wore these super fun green sandals. Read this post to see how much they were! This outfit is perfect for any warm summer day!
Outfit Details:
Top: Target (no longer available)
Shoes: Altar'd State (no longer available)
Watch: Target
Sunglasses: TJmaxx, Steve Madden (different color linked)






Outfit No. 3
I like to take casual pieces of clothing like denim shorts and pair them with items that are a bit more dressy. I absolutely adore this fringe jacket with these shorts. The pattern on the jacket and denim is the perfect combo. This outfit reminds me of something one of my favorite bloggers would wear. (Sincerely Jules)
Outfit Details:
Jacket: Shein (currently not available)
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack, Chinese Laundry (newer version)
Sunglasses: TJmaxx, Steve Madden (different color linked)






Outfit No. 4
For this look I chose to dress up the denim shorts again by pairing them with this super fun kaleidoscope blazer. The edgy cut of the blazer gives the shorts a new vibe. I wore a plain grey tee underneath so that the blazer was the outfit's main statement. This look, being super chic, wouldn't be complete with my favorite leather slip ons!
Outfit Details:
Tee: J Crew Factory (currently not available in grey)
Blazer: Forever 21 (no longer available)
Shoes: TJmaxx, Mia (similar linked)
Watch: Target
Sunglasses: TJmaxx, Steve Madden (different color linked)








Outfit No. 5
For the last look, I wanted to create an outfit that was a little more casual. I wore my jean shorts with one of my favorite tees. Denim shorts and tees make for a super relaxed summer look, but with the right t-shirt and shoe choice, it can still look chic and put together.  I paired this look with my Nike Roshe Runs and a bomber jacket to keep the look polished. A look that is comfy, casual and chic? You can't get much better than that!
Outfit Details:
Tee: J Crew Factory (no longer available...the line I purchased it from is linked)
Bomber Jacket: J Crew (was $110 I got it for $29!)
Shoes: Nike
Watch: Target
Sunglasses: TJmaxx, Steve Madden (different color linked)

I hope you enjoyed today's post! I have some super fun posts coming up with my travels... stayed tuned. Have a great week!
xx, Anne 

p.s. Merging Threads got a snapchat! Be sure to add me @mergingthreads to follow me on my shopping adventures and day to day life!

Connect with me on social media!


2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely loving all of these pairings - especially your second and third looks!

    XO, Sarah | http://www.thebellainsider.com/ | http://www.instagram.com/sarah_thebella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally love every outfit. I want you to be my stylist from this point on. And you're just so cute in all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)