Travel Series No. 3: What's in my Carry-on

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Sunday! It's summer which means it's vacation season... and vacation season means lots of packing. I think we have all felt that the packing struggle is so real. I even struggle packing my carry-on tote.  I always bring too much or never use half the stuff I bring because I always end up sleeping (haha). I've realized I really don't need much to have an enjoyable flight! Today I will be sharing with you what I bring in my carry-on bag. 







One of the first things that always secures a spot in my bag is my grey notebook. You have probably seen it on my blog before, but I write quotes and tape corresponding pictures with it on each page. I always like to take a little inspiration with me wherever I go. 
The next item, a definite must-have, is my cape. It is the perfect "blanket" to wrap yourself in when your neighbor turns their AC on too high. It is easy to bring and unlike a sweatshirt you won't have to worry about it messing up your hair!
I always be sure to bring a book. I grabbed The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks from the library. I haven't started it yet, but I hope to cozy up with it on the plane on my upcoming trip.
The last two things in this photo are traveling necessities: I make sure to have my sunglasses and my headphones in my carry-on.  I like to keep my sunglasses with me instead of in my suitcase, so they are accessible when I get off the plane. Listening to music is a relaxing way to pass time on a flight. Sometimes planes will even have WiFi so you can jam to your Spotify playlists thousands of feet in the air! 

Links to everything:
TJmaxx: cape (unable to link)
TJmaxx: notebook (similar)
TJmaxx, Burberry: Sunglasses case
TJmaxx, Betsey Johnson: Sunglasses (unable to link)


When traveling I always like to organize my belongings in different pouches. This Kate Spade one is super cute! The other side is pictured above and says "Taxi!" 
Inside I carry:
rose salve (which is like a lip balm)
EOS
NYX soft matte lip cream in "Athens"
oil absorbing cloths
Marc Jacobs Lola perfume stick
rose hydrating spray... the perfect way the freshen up
lipstick case which is filled with bobby pins and hair ties
Revlon concealer & Maybelline loose powder... I normally don't wear makeup, but when I do, this is the way to go!

Here are the links to everything:
Bath & Body Works: Rose Salve
Any drug store: EOS
TJMaxx: Marc Jacobs Lola (purchased mine way cheaper at TJ's)
TJmaxx, Kate Spade: cosmetic pouch
(And of course, I keep all of these products in plastic bags!)

In the next pouch I keep a few more essentials:
hand sanitizer
contacts case
saline solution 
retainers :)
Ice Breaker mints in Spearmint... this is my all time favorite flavor. I take these with me everywhere!

Here are links to the products I thought you might be interested in:
Jack Wills: Cosemetic pouch (similar design linked) 


In the outer pocket of this pouch, I keep the pens that I use for writing quotes in my grey notebook.

I hope you all enjoyed this post. Safe and happy travels to those heading off on summer adventures!

xx, Anne

Connect with me on social media!
Add Merging Threads on Snapchat: @mergingthreads



1 comment:

  1. What a great itinerary! There is just so much to do in USA and so little time.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)