Minimalist Wardrobe: My Top 10 Essentials & tips

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Hello everyone! Establishing a minimalist wardrobe has been all the rage lately. It's all about doing more with less. Today, I will be sharing my top 10 clothing essentials for a minimalist wardrobe and tips & tricks to create your own.
Everything I picked can be mixed & matched with one another!

Essential  No. 1
Army Jacket (Old Navy)
My army jacket is one of my most worn clothing items. It goes with everything and never fails to give your look a chic vibe. I wear this jacket with jeans, dresses, skirts, and shorts, which makes it a minimalist's essential. This jacket is not only stylish, but practical as well. A big must have!

Essential No. 2
Striped Shirt (Loft... similar linked)
This is my all time favorite clothing piece because it SERIOUSLY goes with everything. I can dress it up or down and wear it in the summer or winter. Everyone needs a well structured striped top in their life. You can see it on here.


Essential No. 3
White Blouse (TJ Maxx-J Crew... similar linked)
This white blouse is everything (wrinkles and all). It's super chic. I love that it doesn't have a collar and it's a popover. Of course white goes with everything, but this style of top also goes with everything. I love to wear it with shorts, and flowy pants or just jeans. A crisp, white blouse is a staple to any minimalist wardrobe.


Essential No. 4
Polka-Dot Popover (J Crew Factory)
I couldn't even begin to tell you all how versatile this popover is. I kid you not: It looks super cute with any color of chino shorts, under sweaters, with cardigans... the list goes on. I have nothing but great things to say about this polka-dot top. It is one of my all time favorite purchases.


Essential No. 5
Gingham Shirt (J Crew Factory)
I think my love for gingham is pretty obvious. Of course I would include this in my minimalist closet! This oxford is all seasons and looks great with all pants, shorts, skirts, and dresses. 


Essential No. 6
Wine pants (Gap outlet... similar linked)
Although my wine colored pants aren't seen too much on Merging Threads, they are worn almost once a week off camera. I promise you that almost 80% of your tops that you own would look great with these! Wine colored pants are a great alternative to basic denim and are the perfect way to add some subtle color to any look.


Essential No. 7
Grey Dress (J CrewFactory...similar linked)
This dress would definitely have to be one of my essentials. The charcoal grey color is all season. It looks great with sandals in the summer or a sweater and tights and booties in the winter. This one in particular is great for a minimalist because you can layer other pieces both under and over the dress, but any neutral dress is a must have!


Essential No. 8
Booties (Old Navy... similar linked)
 Booties are probably my most worn shoe in the winter. They look super cute with jeans or even transition well to warmer seasons when worn with a dress. Booties are the perfect shoe to add to your minimalist wardrobe. 


Essential No. 9
Leather slip-ons (TJmaxx-MIA... similar linked)
Saying that I like these leather slip-ons would be an under statement. I LOVE THEM. They instantly add a chic vibe to any outfit. These are a must have for casual shoes.


Essential No. 10
Leather Sandals (Steve Madden)
I adore these leather sandals. The style is very versatile and they are comfy. Need I say more?

Minimalist Wardrobe Advice:

1. Go through your closet and pick out your most worn items and decide whether they can be worn through all four seasons.


2. When shopping, lean towards neutrals and earthy tones. This color palette will allow      you to do more with less. 

3. Pick items that can be worn different ways. (Ex. a button down shirt can be worn buttoned up, unbuttoned, or tired around your waist.)

4. Simple is better!

5. Be sure the items you have can be worn with multiple pieces and mixed & matched in a variety of ways.

Get Inspired


Have a fabulous week!
xx, Anne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)