Travel Series No. 2: My top 10 travel essentials

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Hey beautiful friends! Today I am super excited to bring you the second post of many in my travel series (YAY!). When you are about to leave for a trip, it's never fun to feel like you are forgetting something. I feel like we can all relate to arriving at your vacation destination and realizing you wish you had something that is now 1000 miles away. Today I will be sharing my top 10 travel essentials & tips to prevent this from happening.
  


No. 1
Everyone loves a good travel bag, but how about one that triples as a carry-on, beach bag and purse? That sounds perfect! I love this adorable tassel tote. It is big enough to fit all of my essentials for the plane ride while not being too big to use as a purse too! Plus, it would look fabulous on the beach. Try finding a bag in your closet that can be used multiple ways! 
P. S. I scored this tote on clearance for $15! (partyyy)
TJmaxx: Tassel Tote ( I was unable to find a similar tote but you can buy tassel attachments here.)


No. 2
Whenever I travel, a chambray shirt is always one of the first things in my suitcase. It is perfect to wear open with a dress on a cooler night or it looks super fashionable tied around your waist. I like that if I wear this, I don't have to worry about holding it all day if I'm hot. This shirt is perfect for any day or night your vacation.
Old Navy: Chambray Shirt


No. 3
I love to be organized right before I leave on a vacation. I always plan out all my outfits for each day and pack them together so I can limit digging in my suitcase at the hotel. I made this adorable "Travel Outfit Guide." It is the perfect way to keep track of all of your outfit details. From your top to your jewelry, this guide will cover you! Unfortunately, I was unable to provide the pdf to this travel guide, but I would love to email the document to you if you are interested in printing your own. You can shoot me an email at: mergingthreads5@gmail.com


No. 4
We all know that planes can get a bit chilly... a cape can solve this problem! I love to pack this in my carry-on because it doesn't take up much space. I would much rather bring a cape over a sweatshirt because it won't ruin your hair!
TJMaxx: cape (similar linked)


No. 5
Jewelry is always on of the most difficult items to pack. You have to pack it carefully yo avoid tangles! This bracelet organizer can solve all your problems. It is the perfect way to store your bracelets and see what you brought without having to dump out a whole bag. This is definitely a necessity!
Bed Bath & Beyond: bracelet organizer (I was so sad that this is no longer sold, but here is another jewelry organizer)


No. 6 & 7
Two of my top traveling essentials are definitely listerine strips and facial cleansing wipes. Both of these items are perfect to use to freshen up if you are in a time crunch. I always carry listerine strips... they instantly make you feel fresh!
TJMaxx: cleansing wipes (similar linked... I highly recommend the linked brand)


No. 8
A coloring book is a must-have for a plane ride. It is the perfect activity to do if you are too tired to read but not tired enough to sleep. You will never see me travel without one! 
How cute is this fashion coloring book?
TJMaxx: coloring book


No. 9
One of the tricks I've used for years is to store my bobby pins in a lip stick case. It keeps them all together and accessible in your carry on or cosmetic bag!



No. 10
You never know when you are going to need to bring water with you during a trip. This is definitely a must have. (When flying of course, don't fill it up until after your get through security!) This water bottle has to be my favorite; it says "Embrace the Journey" which is especially fitting for this post. :)
Target by contigo: water bottle (no longer available)

Have a great week!
xx, Anne

2 comments:

  1. Anne you give me something to strive for!!!! Your suitcase is more organized than my entire life!!! :) LOVE this!!! (This is C-Bo btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your post before coming to UK.. and now im following your steps in making positive-energy travel destinations by car !

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)