Statements in All Black with Maddy

Sunday, August 20, 2017

FRIENDS!!! I'm so excited about today's post mostly because we have a special guest here on Merging Threads... my cousin (who is basically my bff), Maddy! Maddy is my fashion soul sista, so her appearance on my blog seems long over due. We are both huge lovers of black. If you ask me, black does not get the attention it deserves. Lots of people think of statement outfits as having bold patterns or interesting cuts. Maddy and I want to show that you can be just as bold & make a  sassy statement in the color black!









 [ Jumpsuit: Forever21 // Shoes: Target // Necklace: Nordstromrack // Sunnies: H&M]





[ Dress: Boden (similar) // Shoes: Franco Sarto (similar)/Nordstromrack // Bracelet: Spring Sweet (similar) // Rings: Cali's // Sunnies: Ray-ban ]
Before we get into the important stuff, can we take a moment to recognize how Maddy is such a natural in front of the camera?! GET IT GIRL! #modelstatus
As Maddy and I were deciding what we wanted to do for this post, we were talking about how black pieces are so sleek. They can make a statement in their own simplistic way. There's really not a lot to Maddy's jumpsuit, but something about it still screams bold. My dress is simple as well yet looks super sophisticated and sleek. Sometimes basic pieces can be just as impactful (if not more) as a pieces with loud colors, busy prints, and unique cuts.
We both wanted our solid black pieces to be the focal point of the outfit, so we added simple accessories to enhance our looks.
Let's talk shoes! Maddy went with a small block heel to elongate her legs. I went with a flat, clean-cut sandal to keep the focus on the black midi dress.
We both loved shooting these looks!! Don't forget that y'all can make a statement by just being simple--- let your natural beauty shine!

We love all of you!!
xx, Anne & Maddy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)