Summer Must-Haves

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Hello, friends! Let's admit it. We are all dreaming about summer already.  It can't come soon enough if you ask me! At the turn of every season, I tend to do a little bit of shopping here and there... or everywhere (ha!). I am one of those gals that online shops all the time, but my cart never actually makes it through checkout.  I've come to realize that I have expensive taste. More importantly though,  I've realized that I can satisfy my taste without breaking my wallet. I don't have to give in to  ridiculous prices. There are so many similar pieces to the expensive things you love out there at about half the price! Today I will be sharing my must "Summer Must Haves": Designer vs. Dupes Edition.



I have a special place in my heart for gingham... of course anything in this pattern is a must have! I have been loving off the shoulder dresses lately, so when I saw this adorable gingham dress on the right, I knew it was meant to be. But the price wasn't gonna cut it for me. Good thing I found its identical twin for $42! This is a dress I could see myself wearing for multiple occasions. It could be dressed up for a grad party or dressed down for brunch with a sunhat and strappy sandals. You'll find that dresses that you can wear for multiple occasions are the ones you'll love the most. 
[ Save: ASOS // Splurge: Anthropologie ]


I absolutely adore long, flowy white tops. They are the perfect summer staple. They look amazing with light jeans, layered necklaces, and a bralette. White-oversized blouses create such an effortless look. Although the beautiful white top on the right looks gorgeous, the top on the left is a perfect alternative with a great price.
[ Save: Shein // Splurge: Anthropologie ]


Everyone has their go-to tee in the summer. I think these ruffle-sleeved shirts are super adorable. They are the perfect replacement to your average crewneck tee.  Prices for tees like this can really vary, but they all give off the same fun, flirty look. You don't need to pay a fortune to have your very own. 
[Save: Forever 21 // Splurge: Anthropologie ]

Although I don't have my ears-pierced, I always find my self shopping for earrings... they are just too cute! I love love love the earring trend with the attachment on the back. They are the perfect accessory to jazz up a simple look. Sometimes jewelry prices can be a bit unreasonable, but there is always a high quality less expensive version to be found!

[ Save: JCrew Factory // Splurge: Bauble Bar ]
Ugh, I love, LOVE mules. They are seriously the most effortless shoe ever created and look good with everything. They would look super chic with your favorite dress but are also the perfect shoes to throw on with a pair of shorts.  I think we are all guilty of splurging on a pair of shoes, but there is no need with these cuties! They can be purchased in a different shade for only $25. What a steal!

[ Save: Forever 21 // Splurge: Steve Madden ]


Tote bags are everything in the summer when we are always on the go. They help us keep things organized amidst the chaos. Totes are the perfect purse to throw all of your stuff in one place. You can fit so much inside! Yes, we all love the Madewell totes, but we don't have to fork out $160 to have our own. There are many beautiful, inexpensive, leather tote alternatives out there! I personally love this one with the two tones. 
[ Save: Sole Society // Splurge: Madewell ]

That's it for today's post. Keep dreaming of summer... maybe it'll come sooner that way. 
Have a lovely week!
xx, Anne

P. S!! I would LOVE your feedback on this post. This isn't one of my typical posts... do y'all like it? Would you like to see more post like this? Leave me a comment or shoot me an email! Much love!

Connect with me!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post Anne and the pieces bc obviously great minds think alike. :,) Plus these are the best posts when you can't get outside to take pictures because the weather's crappy! I want to see one every season, that would be fun!!! -McKenz https://www.styledbymckenz.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)