Spring Staple: Utility Dress & Sneaks

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Rise & Shine! It's Sunday! This time of the year always finds me dreaming of summer... and out of that summer fashion, of course. Before we get to wear all of our cute off the shoulder and flowy halter dresses, we have to go through this awkward stage where we don't know if we should dress for the winter or the spring or if its even alright to push toward more summery pieces. I tend to dress for the spring, cause let me tell ya, by this time I'm over all the boots and sweaters and so done with winter fashion! At the same time, it's hard not to dress "too springy."  For today's post, I am excited to share an outfit that will satisfy both your summer dreams and the last of the cooler weather. 















 I picked up this dress from JCrew Factory recently and I ADORE it. It is so timeless, practical, and comfortable. I like that it has a summer and spring style to it but that the army green hue keeps it from being too bright and cheery. Pieces like these are the perfect items to stock your wardrobe with this season. This dress is easily styled for this transition period, which is a huge win. I paired it with my favorite New Balance sneaks to give it a more casual and effortless look. The deep maroon and pale blue in the shoes compliment the dress so nicely. Wearing sneakers during this transition time is one of the best moves you can make. They look cute with absolutely everything, they are comfortable, and they are perfect if you are a little late on the pedicure game like me😉. To finish up the look, I went with my simple go-to stack and my favorite bag. This outfit has a fun, playful look yet it is still classic. What's not to love?

Outfit Details:
Shoes: Nordstrom (linked same style, different color) 
Bag: DailyLook (currently unavailable)
Watch: Kate Spade (style no longer available)
Bangle: Spring Sweet (similar here)

I hope you all have a lovely week. April is just around the corner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)