subtle stripes & a whole lotta smiles

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Good morning friends! What a great day to be happy! It's a new day with new adventures and so many things to smile about. This past week I listened to a WHOLE LOTTA music. Music always gets me thinking (& makes me over the moon about life!!). Today I'll be sharing a few things that I can't seem to get out of my mind.




Sit back, look at what's around you, & let go of some of life's pressures.

I feel like we constantly put unnecessary pressure on ourselves (at least I do). With pressure comes expectations and with expectations comes disappointment. There are so many people these days to compare ourselves to (I'm guilty!!). We think we have to be this perfect person that has their life together, but in reality, we are all human and we all have flaws. I think we often get disappointed in ourselves when something goes wrong because we set such high expectations for ourselves and for our lives. We shouldn't want everything to be perfect all the time. If we walk into our day without expectations, the tiniest achievements feel like the greatest victory. That's the beauty of optimism. I'm constantly being inspired by the people around me. The other day one of my friends reminded me that the only person we can have honest expectation with is Jesus. He will never let us down. EVER. We can always count on him. That's something to smile about. How great is the life we live?

Every moment matters. 

Seems pretty cliche, but there is so much truth behind this statement. We are often put in situations where we don't feel comfortable or we'd rather just avoid. One thing I've learned is that these kind of situations give us the most opportunity for growth. It is in our weakest moments that we learn the most. It is pretty gratifying to think something that can make our hearts anxious also has the potential to make us a better person. We learn from all experiences and these experiences shape us as individuals. Anything can happen at any moment. I find so much joy in knowing that life often seems so unknown to us, but we have a Heavenly Father who has everything planned. It is our job to enjoy life in the meantime. 

Life Is Grand. 
Much love to all of you. I hope this week is your best yet.
Stay smilin.
xx, Anne



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)