Back to school outfit ideas

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Hello, Friends! In a matter of days school will be back up and running. We all dread the first day and the transition out of summer and into the school year routine, I know, but the season is not without its perks... BACK TO SCHOOL FASHION, y'all! There is nothing more exciting than picking out your outfit before the first day of school. Today, I came up with four back to school outfits that would be perfect for the first day of school or any other day of the year!

Outfit No. 1: Add a denim jacket over your favorite summer dress to dress it down a bit.







For this look, I wanted to do something easy to recreate. I paired one of my favorite black dresses with this super awesome denim jacket. The jacket gives the bohemian dress a whole new vibe. It also keeps you warm in school and allows you to wear dresses that otherwise wouldn't follow your  school's dress code. As for accessories, I kept it simple with gold, dainty jewelry. I opted for these sandals for a small pop of color to bring the whole look together. 

Outfit Details:
Dress: Target (no longer available-- similar linked)
Jean Jacket: Old Navy
Shoes: Altard State(no longer available-- similar linked)
Necklace: Custom Brites
Cuff: Francesca's  (no longer available similar linked)
Watch: Kate Spade

Outfit No. 2: Jazzing up a basic. 







You know that perfect, simple, casual dress you have in your closet? Yup. That's the one. Pull that out.  For this outfit, I wanted to make a simple dress a little more special. I wore one of my favorite t shirt dresses and tied a chambray shirt around my waist. Tying a shirt around your waist gives your boring dress extra pizzaz. It looks super hip and stylish. The extra layer also makes this look practical because you could easily throw the shirt on in a chilly classroom. I kept the rest of the look chic with minimal jewelry and sandals that weren't too strapy.

Outfit Details:
Dress: J Crew Factory (no longer available)
Chambray Shirt: Old Navy
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Custom Brites
Cuff: Francesca's  (no longer available similar linked)
Watch: Kate Spade

No. 3: Am I even wearing a uniform?






For the third look, I came up with an outfit that would work for those of you who have uniforms. I decided to take this lovely striped oxford and make it look more fashionable by tying it at the waist. For bottoms I went with this orange skirt.  J Crew's "sidewalk skirts" are perfect uniform wear ( but they also look cute outside of school!) J Crew is constantly coming out with new colors. I kept the rest of this look preppy by pairing it with Jack Rogers. When you wear this outfit, you'll feel so cute... you'll be wondering if you are even wearing a uniform.

Outfit Details:
SKirt: J Crew Factory (other colors linked)
Shoes: Jack Rogers
Necklace: Custom Brites
Cuff: Francesca's  (no longer available similar linked)
Watch: Kate Spade


No. 4: Focal point... the accessories





For the last outfit, I wanted the accessories to be the main attraction. I wore a simple blouse, plain jeans, and nondescript sandals. I then had fun and layered it up with the necklaces. I am loving the way these three necklaces look stacked together. They compliment each other so well. This outfit would also look great with a cute stack of bracelets. Since the blouse I am wearing has bell sleeves, I opted out on the arm candy. If you aren't feeling jeans, shorts are a great alternative. I absolutely adore this look. You'll definitely make a statement wearing this without looking too over done.

Outfit Details:
Blouse: Shein
Jeans: TJ Maxx, Lucky Brand (no longer available)
Wrap necklace: Stella & Dot (no longer available)
Stone Necklace: Kendra Scott, Nordstrom
 Necklace: Custom Brites

I hope this post brightened your back to school spirits. Best of luck to all of you as you begin a new school year!

xx, Anne

Connect with me on social media!
spotify
Add Merging Threads on Snapchat: @mergingthreads





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)