10 ways to boost your mood

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Good morning! Happy Sunday! As the school year is coming to close, we know that a big road block stands in our way of summer. That's right, you guessed it: finals. But finals do not have to be as dreadful as we make them seem. We always attach negative thoughts to finals, and sometimes just the thought of them can bring us down. It doesn't have to be this way. Today I will be sharing 10 ways to boost your mood. These will be perfect for a studying break or just fun for any day.








No. 1: The Outdoors
Whenever I have a second of free time, I go on a walk or a stroll on my bike. It is one of my favorite things do. It's crazy how I come back from my walk and instantly feel like a different person. I often feel a lot more motivated and positive. This is the perfect rejuvenator during a long day of studying. 


No. 2: Journal 
As many of you may know from previous posts on my blog, I love to journal. There is something so relaxing and uplifting when you take time to write down a quote or anything that inspires you. And of course a picture. Pictures are one of my favorite forms of art. It is so fun to either use a picture you've taken or print one off Pinterest that goes a long with what you have written. I encourage you all to start a journal! 
Find my quotes board on Pinterest here
The pictures that aren't mine, I find here & here.



No. 3: Music
One of my favorite genres of music is definitely acoustic. The simplicity of it makes me happy. I love to take a blanket, lay it down outside, and play my favorite playlist. There is something so inspiring when you are looking up into the sky with your music playing next to you. Follow me on Spotify @anneclairg to stay updated with music I've been loving . 


No. 4: Take a bath
This is the perfect thing to do when you feel stressed. Sometimes you need to take some time to relax and take a breath away from your studies. I can ensure you that this will instantly make you feel better! 
Find these stress fix bath salts that I've been loving here.



No. 5: Make a Happy Board
I made this almost a year ago during finals week and have kept it ever since. I took a cork board and printed a bunch of pictures or quotes off my Pinterest that made me happy. Usually they were summery which made it the perfect motivator to power on through my studies.



No. 6: Flowers
This may sound funny, but buy yourself some flowers. There is nothing like having a fresh bouquet of flowers in your room to cheer you up. I love to split apart my bouquet so I can disperse them throughout my room and put a flower in my bathroom (like this one:))



No. 7: Do Something For Someone else
This is super fun. Take some time to pick up your best friend's fave Starbucks drink and pay them a visit. This will not only boost your mood but your friend's too. 



No. 8: A Devotional 
There is no one more mood-boosting than the Lord. Take some time to a devotional. 
My all time favorite devotional is Jesus Calling: you can buy it here.





No. 9: Art 
Whenever you need a brain break, take some time to color or paint. This is not only relaxing but also puts you in the perfect mindset for when you are ready to start back up again. 


shoutout to my 101 year old great grandma 


No. 10: Spend time with your family & friends
Visiting your family is the perfect way to cheer you up. Nothing makes me happier than chit-chatting with my fam. Another instant mood-booster is spending time with your friends. Go out for a quick breakfast or go on an adventure. Do something spontaneous!

I wish you all the best of luck during your last couple weeks of school. Don't stress & be happy!

xx, Anne 

Find me elsewhere:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)