Treat Yourself

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hello, friends! Today is Sunday, the last day of the weekend. When Monday arrives tomorrow, it means back to the books. I used to spend my Sundays stressed about the week to come. I would stress about whether I would have time to study for that test or have time to write that essay that is due on Friday. Typical Sunday afternoons were full of worries for me. Looking back, I realized what a horrible Sunday state of mind that is!
Why worry about the days to come when you can enjoy today?
 I'd say about mid-October, I decided that Sundays would be a stress free day for me. I would take time to prepare myself for the days ahead. To me, that means relaxing after church and having "you" time. It is important to take time out of your week to focus on taking care of yourself. You will see a big difference in your attitude throughout the week. Today on the blog I will be taking you through how I typically "treat myself" on my favorite day to do so, Sundays.



The first thing I always do when I have "me" time is I open my window. It is so nice to have fresh air in my room. You experience the outdoor scents of flowers and the outdoor sounds of birds chirping... which I find one of nature's most soothing sounds.


Set the mood. Turn on fairy lights or burn a candle. This will give your room a very spa-like ambiance.


To me, their is nothing better than a fresh manicure. Take some time to paint your nails. This helps me feel put together throughout the week. While you do this, play your favorite music, or just listen to nature. Some Sundays, I try to go through this routine with out the use of my phone, so I'm fully devoted to myself--without any other distractions. 


Pamper yourself. Use your favorite scrub. This is so soothing and one of my favorite parts of my Sunday routine.


We can't forget about about our feet! I love to rub lavender oil on my feet. Your feet have the biggest pores, so applying the lavender oil here is suppose to help calm you. 


For me, facial masks are a must! I've been loving the paper mask that you just put on... no lotion or anything. While I let my mask sit, I might turn on a bit of Netflix or scroll through my Pinterest. This is easy on the mind and super relaxing. After 15 minutes, I take off my mask and it leaves my skin feeling super soft and healthy.


The other day, I wrote this in my inspirational journal. It is so important to live in the moment and not worry about what tomorrow brings. Focus on TODAY and enjoy it. Let yourself relax and take some time for you.
I wish you an amazing week full of happiness!
xx, Anne


1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best articles I have read in a while. While I was in school, I had the same problem of worrying too much about the week ahead. It was draining. Luckily, I learned some things to help relax and have a day to myself. I am going to remember the face mask part for later, though.

    Deborah Barnes @ Awakenings Massage

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)