Travel Series No. 1

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Hey guys! Happy Sunday! The summer is quickly approaching... yay! I am already counting down the days until my summer adventure begins. I can't wait to start traveling again... it makes me so happy. (find my "wanderlust" board on pinterest here to see all my traveling inspiration.) I am starting a travel series on my blog where I will share with you different tips and tricks I use when traveling. This will be the first of many!

One of my favorite things about traveling is the plane ride. I think there is something so calming about being in a plane. However, packing for it is not relaxing when you are tight on space. Today's blog post will feature fashionable travel outfits that will fit perfectly in your carry-on luggage and tips that can be applied to ensure your suitcase won't break the scale!  



All of the outfits fit perfectly in a carry on with room to spare!


Throughout this post, I will be wearing these sunglasses. Sunglasses are the perfect way to  spruce up any outfit and will instantly make you look fashionable while traveling. They also take up little room in a suitcase considering how much they can change a look. TJmaxx is my absolute favorite place to buy sunglasses. They have such great brands for great prices. (all of these were under $20!)
Shop my Sunnies:
 TJMaxx, by Steve Madden: top sunglasses
TJmaxx, by Sperry Top-Sider: middle sunglasses
Tjmaxx, by Betsy Johnsen: bottom sunglasses... unable to link




TWO PIECES ARE EVERYTHING THIS SEASON. I'm in love with this gingham set from Old Navy. Two pieces are the perfect thing to bring on vacation. You can mix and match with other pieces of clothing from your trip. They definitely help me pack light!
Shop this look:
 Old Navy: top
Old Navy: bottoms (available in stores)
TJMaxx, by Franco Sarto: no longer available




For this outfit, I am wearing the top from the two piece set with white jeans. I paired it with Jack Rogers and my favorite monogram clutch. Envelope clutches are the perfect accessory for your trip because they take up zero room in your suitcase! Creating multiple outfits with the same few pieces, is my best tip for packing light.
Shop this look:
Old Navy: top
TJMaxx, by Loft: white jeans
Jack Rogers: shoes
Etsy: clutch




This look is a little more casual than the other looks. I am wearing the same shorts from the two piece set and my favorite white tee. This outfit is super comfortable... which is key for any outfit on vacation!
Shop this look:
J Crew Factory: top
Old Navy: (available in stores)
Jack Rogers: shoes




This outfit is super fun. Flowy pants are a travel must. They take up little room in your suitcase and are wrinkle free! I paired these pants with the same J Crew top from the previous look. I decided to tie the shirt to give the outfit more dimension. I topped it off with my favorite necklace and wedges. This necklace transformed the outfit and took up little room in my suitcase!
Shop this look:
J Crew Factory: top
TJMaxx: pants (similar linked)
TJMaxx, by Franco Sarto: no longer available
Jack Rogers: shoes
Stella & Dot: necklace no longer available 




What's a vacation without a dress? This maxi dress is gorgeous! The crochet detailing is perfection. I scored this dress at Tjmaxx for under $20... what a steal! This dress, like the pants, will be wrinkle free when you arrive to your destination. I wore this beauty with the same necklace as the previous outfit. 
Shop this look:
TJMaxx: dress (similar linked)
Jack Rogers: shoes
Stella & Dot: necklace no longer available 

Five outfits were put together with only two tops, three pairs of pants, one dress and two pairs of shoes. That is what I call savvy traveling!

Let me know if there are any specific traveling topics you would like to see in the future! Leave any requests for posts in the comments on the blog or my instagram. I hope you all have a fabulous week! Talk to you soon!
xx, Anne  

1 comment:

  1. For me it’s a post about our common travel life moments which we can miss. Honestly, calm things makes this post good but you know it’s a great mix of unbelievable moments and such a list.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)