Liebster Award

Wednesday, March 16, 2016













I was nominated by two lovely bloggers for for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much, Julia from The Velvet Runway  and my good friend, McKenzie from Styled By McKenz for nominating me! I started Merging Threads in mid January. So I'm still learning all the ends and outs of blogging. So far, I have been loving it and I appreciate all the support that everyone has given me. 



 The Liebster award is an award for new bloggers. If you are interested in more details, click here for more information. Below, I will answer ten questions that Julia and Mckenzie have asked me to answer. I will then leave ten questions for the seven bloggers I have nominated.

________________________________________________________________________

Julia's Questions:

Why did you start blogging?
The first time I ever considered starting a blog was about a year and a half ago when my friends told me I should one day in good ole' gym class (shoutout to you, Chaney & Michal). I then thought about it for a while and I waited for the right moment.  The idea that I could inspire people through fashion really warmed my heart, so I decided to give it a shot.

What is the best and worst part about blogging?
"Bad news first:" the worst part about blogging is finding time to create quality posts with a busy schedule and homework. 
But the good totally out weighs the bad. The best part about blogging by far is that it is so rewarding. It is incredibly heart warming when someone stops you in the hallway or someone you don't even know messages you on Instagram and tells you that you inspired them to try this, or do that, or even simply saying that they read your most recent post. I love hearing from all my readers. Don't be afraid to shoot be a dm or email!

If you could invite five people (dead or alive) to dinner, who would they be? 
If I could invite five people to dinner, I would invite any five bloggers that I have met so far through my blog. I would love to get to know them more and talk to them in person.

If money was no object, where would you travel to?
This is super cliche, but I would love to travel to Paris or even live there for a couple months. I think it would be super interesting to be intertwined with different cultures for an extended period of time and interact with others.

Who is your inspiration? Why?
My inspiration would have to be my older sister, Alice. I have always looked up to her growing up and I still do. She sets such a great example for me and my twin. She is one of my best friends and I love her to death!

What is your favorite hobby? (besides blogging)
I love all things to do with interior decor. Whether it be looking through magazines or helping my friends and family re-do their rooms-- and of course the shopping aspect of it!

What three words describe you best?
I asked my twin and one of my friends what they thought and we came to a consensus: enthusiastic, creative, & outgoing.

What's your favorite store to shop at?
This is super hard. I love to get good deals, so I would maybe say TJmaxx or Nordstrom Rack. But as I look through my closet, I would say JCrew Factory and Loft.

Who is your favorite Disney hero or Villain?
First of all I LOVE Disney, so I had to pick both a hero and villain. My favorite Disney hero is Mr. Incredible. My favorite Disney villain would have to be Cruella DeVille. 

What is your favorite book?
I love all of the Harry Potter books, but I wouldn't even consider that apart of this question; they have their own category. :) I recently read the Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. I absolutely adore this book. If you haven't read it yet, you definitely should go pick one up off the shelf. You can purchase it here.

_________________________________________________________

McKenzie's Questions:

If you could spend the day with one celebrity who would it be and why?
If I could spend one day with a celebrity it would be Sadie Robertson. She seems super sweet, genuine, and has accomplished so much at such a young age.

What is your ultimate life goal?
My ultimate life goal is to reach a place in my life (when I'm older & wiser) where I am surrounded by people I love and I don't have any regrets on the past.

If you could be any wild animal what would you chose?
I would be a bird. It would be so cool to see the world through a different angle and travel anywhere without a price tag!

What is your favorite way to de-stress?
My favorite way to relieve stress is by cleaning my room.  I can't go to sleep unless my room is spic' and span. Every night, I jam out to my acoustic playlist and clean. This not only relieves my stress, but it feels good to wake up to a clean room. 

If you could spend your last day with one person who would you chose and why?
Hmm, this is hard. I value so many friends and family in my life, but I would have to say my cousin, Katherine. I always seem to laugh the most when I am with her and we always  have the best time just messing around. We are unstoppable when we are together!

What do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered for being a positive and happy person.

Have you ever thought of running away?
Nope!

Who's your style icon?
My style icon would have to be Julia Hengel from the blog Gal Meets Glam. Her style is perfect. I would definitely trade closets with her, not to mention she is absolutely gorgeous!

If you could listen to one song for the rest of your life what would it be?
This is really hard. My favorite song changes about every two weeks...haha! If I had to pick one song to listen to the rest of my life it would be Daniela Andrade's version of "La Vie En Rose"

Which person holds the greatest influence on you?
(similar to the fifth question I answered from Julia's questions)

________________________________________________________________________

My Questions For Other Bloggers:

What is the best deal you have ever gotten? (fashion related)

What has been the most thrilling thing that you have done?

Which Disney Princess most resembles you? Why?

Do you have a hidden talent?

What's your favorite girl scout cookie?

What is your biggest fashion "no-no"?

What was your favorite toy when you were little?

If you could only go on a vacation with one person who would it be and where would you go?

What is your favorite piece of clothing to date?

What is at the top of your bucket list?

________________________________________________________________________

 I nominate the following blogs to answer the previous questions and nominate other bloggers:
Daniela from Sprinkle of Southern

McKenzie from Styled By McKenz

Grace from Styled With Grace

Madison from Playfully Chic


Gabrielle from The Caffeinated Stylist

Susan from Establishing Eason

I am so honored to nominate all of these lovely ladies. They are all so deserving. I can't wait to read these fab blogger's responses. Be sure to check out their blogs (super simple, just click their blog name above), subscribe, and give them a follow on Instagram. 

Thank you again Julia and McKenzie for nominating me. I enjoyed putting this post together.

xx, Anne 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! 🤗 Lovely blog, by the way!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Anne. It was lovely to get to know you better :)

    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)