GaGa for Gingham

Wednesday, March 23, 2016






Hello, friends! The flowers in my yard are starting to bloom and nothing makes me happier! Spring is here y'all! The other day, the J.Crew catalogue came in the mail and I opened the cover to find it filled with my favorite pattern, gingham. After I read through the gingham index and flipped through the gingham-filled magazine, I went straight to my closet to find my favorite shirt... which of course is a gingham shirt. (I wasn't dropping hints there, was I?) I started styling it right away. For today's post, I have compiled seven different outfits with my gingham shirt. I purchased it here. Join the gingham craze and add one of these shirts to your spring wish list-- the options with this shirt are endless!





Outfit 1
The first way I styled this shirt is super casual and preppy. I made it casual by keeping the shirt unbuttoned and wore my favorite grey shirt under it. I added a pop of color by wearing this cute Vineyard Vines baseball hat. Completing this look? Leather Sperrys, naturally.

Shop my outfit:
 J.Crew Factory:gingham shirt
J.Crew Factory: grey shirt (this shirt is sold on & off.. just keep your eyes out for it if you are interested!)
American Eagle: jeans
Nordstrom: shoes (they are 20% off right now!)
Vineyard Vines: baseball hat (color currently not available)






Outfit 2
One of my favorite ways to wear my gingham shirt is by tying it around my waist. I think it looks so cute paired with a plain navy dress and of course, rain boots! This is the perfect look for a drizzly spring day!

Shop my outfit:
J.Crew Factory: gingham shirt
SheIn: dress
Nordstrom: rain boots (color no longer available... similar linked)




Outfit 3
This  third look is the perfect outfit for transitioning into spring. It will keep you warm with the army jacket, but still has that spring-time look with the gingham and light-colored flats. The color pallet in this is my favorite. Maybe I'm Gaga for olive green?

Shop my Outfit:
J.Crew Factory: gingham shirt
American Eagle: jeans
Nordstrom Rack: shoes (similar version, same brand)
Old Navy: Jacket (new version of last season's)




Outfit 4
I love wearing oxfords under this cute little scalloped dress. This dress looks especially cute with gingham and once again, rain boots. This outfit would also look great with Jack Rogers on a sunnier day!

Shop my outfit:
J.Crew factory: gingham shirt
J.Crew factory: dress (new super cute colors)
J.Crew Factory: necklace (no longer available. But shop J.Crew's other necklaces!)
Nordstrom: rain boots (color no longer available... similar linked)





Outfit 5
J. Crew paper bag skirts are everything. Seriously. They are one of those pieces you should totally buy multiples of in different colors. They look adorable with gingham and Jack Rogers. This outfit is super versatile and perfect for all occasions. I would wear it to school, church, or even just going to lunch. I love this bright color combo. It makes me feel so fun and springy!

Shop my outfit:
J.Crew Factory: gingham shirt
J.Crew Factory: skirt (these skirts are on a pretty good sale right now!)
Jack Roger: sandals




Outfit 6
This look is 100% Classic: gingham and chino shorts. It is one of my go to outfit in the spring and summer. The great thing about navy gingham is that it looks cute with so many colors; coral, pink white... I guarantee that you own shorts that go with gingham! This looks preppy and put together.

Shop my outfit:
J.Crew Factory: gingham shirt
J.Crew Factory: shorts
Jack Rogers: sandals



Outfit 7
I love this look. Wearing all white really makes the gingham shirt the statement of this outfit. This was one of my frequented vacations looks last summer. I can't wait to start wearing this again in a couple months.

Shop my outfit:
J.Crew Factory: gingham shirt
Altar'd State: shirt (no longer available)
Tjamxx: jeans (from Loft)
Jack Rogers: sandals

Gingham is a must-have for this spring and summer season. It is popping up all over the place! It is always great when trendy pieces have endless styling options. You will definitely get your money's worth out of a classic gingham shirt! It is a piece that never goes out of style and that looks great on everybody. Have a lovely rest of your week & HAPPY SPRING!
xx, Anne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)