Room Decor: Valentine's Day Edition

Tuesday, February 9, 2016


Valentine's Day is just around the corner. To me, there is no better way to celebrate than  decorating your room for the season. Being festive is so fun! Depending on whether you like the holiday or not, it will pass without you even noticing. Decorating my room allows me to get excited for it and enjoy the special day when it comes. Sprucing up your room is super easy and can be inexpensive if you shop right. Below are pictures of my room and tips and tricks to help you out!
{FAQ: Yes, I have two beds in my room even though it's just mine;) }




TIP #1
Decorate your night stand with hues of pink and red. I simply added some pink flowers from Hobby Lobby and some twigs that I covered with gold glitter in a glass vase. Flowers at Hobby Lobby can be really inexpensive. Click here to get a 40% off coupon for a single regular priced item. I also added a pretty red candle from a local boutique and a gold picture frame. Always check the Target dollar section! It always has super cute seasonal decorations. I picked up some pretty, gold heart shaped doilies. If you look closely, you might see one by the vase!


TIP #2
Use some of your red or pink accessories as decoration. I added this cute red statement necklace to my dress form. This necklace would also look cute on a shelf or on a tray for decoration.



TIP #3
Swap out your normal pillows with pretty pink or red pillows. I purchased these at Tjmaxx. The nice thing about buying red pillows is that you can also use them for Christmas! These pillows are super festive and add a lot of holiday spirit to your room. 
Buy some of my favorite pillows: 
  • Shop for inexpensive red pillows here. (I have this pillow in other colors & I highly recommend it.)
  • Shop for inexpensive pink pillows here.
  • This Vday pillow is super cute and on SALE! click here.



TIP #4
Decorate your room with cute lights, a banner, or both! This adds so much to your room and brings everything together. 
Shop some of my favorite banners and lights:
  • Buy super cute lights here.
  • Check out a cute banner here.
  • This adorable garland ( find it here ) would look so cute over a window. 



Shop some more of my favorite decorations:
  • A heart peg board can be found here.
  • Click here to buy a marquee heart light.
  • Find cute heart jars here.
  • Pretty lavender heart wreath can be found here. 
Wishing you a lovely Valentine's Day!
xx, Anne



1 comment:

  1. So cute Anne! I totally thought you had the cutest dorm room or apartment at first. Love your room!

    www.kelseymarie.co

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)