Positivity

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Being a positive person has always been a big part of my personality. I like to look at the glass half full; I like to think the grass is just as green on my side of the fence. My best days begin when I wake up with excitement, ready to see what the day has in store. To me, positivity means seeing the good in even the worst situations. When you keep this in mind, you can conquer anything. But easier said than done, right? Sometimes it is hard to wake up excited. Sometimes routines bog you down and things get in the way.
It is important to find little things that help ward off the negativity that can so easily invade our space. For today's post, I have gathered some things that I do regularly to keep my positivity alive. I hope they will help you too.

Daily Inspirational Quotes

I bought this little box of inspirational cards at Target not too long ago. I absolutely love them! Not only are they super cute (who doesn't love black and gold), but the sayings are actually helpful and always make me smile.  Every morning, I read a card to help start my day with a positive frame in mind. These cards always remind me to live in the moment and to enjoy today. You can purchase your own set here. I  would highly recommend getting some!





Journaling

About a month ago, I started a journal where I write down anything that inspires me. Sometimes I use Bible verses and sometimes it's just silly quotes or even single adjectives. On the corresponding page, I tape a picture that goes with the quote and makes me happy.  Most of my pictures come from my pins on Pinterest, but I also use some of my own photos. Journaling isn't only uplifting... It's also super soothing and a great way to add a bit of art to your day. It is nice to take a breather and focus on the little things that inspire you. You can find some of the quotes and pictures I use here and my personal pictures here. (ps click here to see a video of my journal from my instagram.)

Music

The last thing that always increases my positivity is acoustic music. Its simplicity and soothing sounds are always a reminder to enjoy the little things in life. Want a soothing morning or evening? Turn on my favorite Spotify playlist "Acoustic Afternoon" and light some candles (One of my faves from this playlist is the acoustic version of "Bad Blood"). Follow me on Spotify at anneclairg!

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you would like to see more post like this, let me know. Also, let me know if you start a journal. I would love to hear from you!:) Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Radiate Positivity
xx, Anne


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)