Testing Trends: Layered Tee + Tank Complete look

Sunday, January 15, 2017

TRENDS, TRENDS, TRENDS. Cute or Nah? Everyone always seems to have their own opinions  as to whether the latest ideas in the fashion world are really the best for daily wardrobes. Sometimes though, you'll never know if a trend can work until you try!  I've seen layering a tshirt and tank all over instagram and pinterest. At first I had mixed feeling about the new trendy combo, but I gave it a try and there is something so chic about it that I love! Today I will be sharing my own take on the tshirt and tank trend.



This is the tank & tee trend I'll be putting my own spin on. :)









For this look, I wanted to make it as chic as possible (chic is my thing!!). It only seemed right to wear (mostly) black. I decided to dip my toes into the water before I dove all the way in with this trend... a simple white and black layered look was the way to go! Even though I went for the simple version of this trend,  I can't help but admit that I absolutely adore it (cue the heart eyes emoji!!). To complete this look, I decided to wear these super edgy, black, platform sneakers. They balance the rest of the outfit perfectly. It is a bit  VERY chilly out... so I added my go-to jean jacket. It gives the look the perfect amount of texture and color. I kept it simple with the accessories and went with a simple gold cuff.

Outfit Details:
Tee: Soprano (similar linked)
Tank: J Crew Factory (similar linked)
Shoes: Sixty Seven Shoes (similar linked)
Jacket: Old Navy (no longer available)
Cuff: Francesca's  (similar linked)

If you can't already tell... I'm loving this trend. I can't wait to experiment with it for the other seasons. I'm already envisioning myself wearing a striped tee under a floral dress with some funky sandals in the spring! I encourage you all to try a little something new every once in a while. Be adventurous with your personal style!

xx, Anne

Connect with me on social media!
Add Merging Threads on Snapchat: @mergingthreads



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)