The Fall Shaw: A Stylish Staple

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Good Morning, lovely readers. I hope you are all having the happiest of days! I sound like a broken record, but I just can't stop professing my love for fall! It's been such a gorgeous one here too. All the leaves are such perfect shades of red and orange, it has been ideal sweater weather this past week, and I've been enjoying lots of warm apple cider and other treats. The coziness of the season is just so comforting! A typical fall Saturday for me usually includes a trip to TJMaxx. Yesterday when I was there, I saw racks full of capes/shaws (whatever you want to call them) and was reminded that I bought a beautiful plaid cape there about a year ago. Seeing all of the gorgeous capes back on the racks this year inspired me to pull mine out and start styling it for this season! 












There is something super classy and elegant about wearing a beautiful shaw in the fall time. I especially love the combination I put together for this outfit. I paired the plaid shaw with a simple black dress. Sometimes simple is best. It can turn out looking the most put together. I then paired this combo with the over the knee boots that were featured in a post a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't already gotten the clue, I am obsessed with these boots! They make every outfit look ten times better. Seriously. This is the perfect outfit for church or an evening out with the fam. Dressy outfits with bold accessories like a shaw can be more fun to wear than your typical go-to dress. I am all about getting creative with my clothes! 

Outfit Details:
Dress: TJmaxx, Soprano (similar)
Shaw: TJmaxx (similar)
Boots: ASOS 
Necklace: Custom Brites


I hope you all have a fun and fabulous week. Stay tuned for next week's post!
xx, Anne

Some of my current favorite capes...




Links: (1) (2) (3)

Connect with me on social media!
Add Merging Threads on Snapchat: @mergingthreads

1 comment:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)