Healthy Eats: Acai Bowls

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Hello friends! Hope you all have been enjoying these first few weeks of summer. I sure have! I'm not as busy and have more time to be at home, which is really nice, but being at home means more trips through the kitchen... and that means more snacking.  I have noticed that my snacking habits haven't been the healthiest (my weakness is chocolate covered almonds from Target hehe). So today I decided to share an easy recipe with you for the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
It is hard to scroll through my Instagram feed without seeing these super trendy (and photogenic might I say!) Acai bowls. Acai bowls are basically thick smoothies topped with granola and fruits. They are absolutely delicious. I can't wait to share this recipe with you all!
For this post I teamed up with one of my best friends, Catie. She is from a large city and came to visit me in my hometown for a little while. One of her favorite things to do is to grab an Acai bowl after exercising. I am from a small town and there are not any places near me where they sell Acai bowls.  Catie has tried all sorts of Acai bowls, so she helped me come up with the perfect recipe to share with all of you. 




Ingredients:

  • 4 Tbls. Acai powder (Acai powder is made from freeze-dried Acai berries, which are super-fruits with tremendous health benefits. Acai berries have more antioxidants than almost any other fruit and contain high levels of essential fatty acids, amino acids, and dietary fiber.) (from Google)
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple 
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 frozen banana 
  • 1 cup of apple juice (unsweetend almond milk could be substituted for this)
Toppings: (we used)
  • kiwi
  • mango
  • strawberries
  • blueberries
  • raspberries 
  • granola
  • coconut flakes
  • chia seeds
Other common toppings:
  • peanut butter
  • bananas
  • flaxseed



1. Start by putting all of your ingredients into a blender.


2. Blend until everything is a thick consistency. (you may need to use a spoon to help your blender get to all of your ingredients)
3. Pour into a bowl & add toppings. Have fun with this part! 
Enjoy!



(creds to my sis for taking this pic of her bowl & thanks for always being my photographer.)


These Acai bowls are absolutely delicious and barely take any time to make. Don't forget to take cute pictures of them... and share them with me!
Hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know if you would like to see more post like these.

Have a lovely week and snack smartly with your Acai bowls! 
xx, Anne

Connect with me on social media!
Add Merging Threads on Snapchat: @mergingthreads

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are always so cute no matter what they are about! It amazes me. I think I need to give Acai bowls a try because I had two donuts and some cookies as "snacks" today.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)